MPAA Rating: PG (for for mild brief language)
Genres: Adaptation, Animated, Family, Action/Adventure
Distributors: Universal Pictures
Director: Chris Renaud
JJ Rating: B-
Ted (Zac Efron) wants to win Audrey’s (Taylor Swift) affection. In order to do that he has to get a tree. Grammy Norma (Betty White) tells him to go and see the Once-ler (Ed Helms). Ted does and he gets an epic Dr. Seuss’ tale. Dr. Seuss’ the Lorax.
9 Good Things About This Film
1. Zac Efron is never a disappointment. His knack for becoming characters gets better with each film.2. Taylor Swift’s acting is MUCH better than her endeavor with Valentine's Day, but that could be because only her voice was used.
3. Ed Helms’ voice swells to the level of sarcasm without much effort, which was perfect for his role.
4. Danny DeVito as the Lorax was good.
5. I now want a marshmallow eating bear and singing fish all cause they be adorable.
6. It also made me want a unimotorcycle. Or whatever that thing Ted rides on is called...
7. I thought the animation was well done and (ignoring the preaching storyline) I got to feel a bit of my childhood returning. Not as much as when I saw the Muppets.
8. The last song of the film was the best one.
9. The idea that one could control air is funny in the TAX THOSE WHO “POLUTE” kind of way.
6 Bad Things About This Film
1. It preached like an overbearing evangelical or a philosophy vomiting atheist. Neither could be what one wants to listen to.2. Who knew music could be used for propaganda laden crap? Nazis. If you're going to teach, could you at least not be as subtle as a punch to the face?
3. Ever meet a pretty person who is great to look at but when they open their mouth you want to run away? Yeah, that's how I felt watching Dr. Seuss' The Lorax.
4. The idea that ignorance has to be wrapped up in southern accents is a cliché mess at best.
5. An epidemic of fake care is contagiously being breathed in by so many people. The Lorax oozes this and people just gobble it up their wazoozle.
6. I dislike the business of AIR…a bit. Only because it was a tad overdone.
I wouldn’t allow my kids to love this film. I couldn’t stand seeing it over and over again. That’s not just my opinion, that’s a fact.