In Theaters: January 27, 2012
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for violence and brief strong language)
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance, Thriller
Distributors: Summit Entertainment, LLC
Run Time: 1 hour 42 minutes
Director: Asger Leth
JJ Rating: B
He stole a diamond. Or so a rich man said he did. In prison for a crime he swears he didn't commit, he escapes to go out on a ledge to prove his innocence of ever stealing a big karat diamond. Man on a Ledge
5 Good Things About this Film
- Great chemistry between Jamie Bell and Genesis Rodriguez, made their scenes awesome, fun and very entertaining. Actually their scenes were my favorite.
- Sam Worthington did a good job with what he had to work with. He is a good actor. He's good enough to get me to the theater to see his next film about Greek Gods even though the first one SUCKED.
- Elizabeth Banks is pretty and does well.
- Frustrated with Ed Harris. He was annoying and that makes him a great actor for pulling that off in the small amount of screen time he had.
- When Joey (Jamie Bell) and Angie (Genesis Rodriguez) have to clean up fast to hide, that was an exciting scene. If only that feeling was injected into the rest of the film. It wasn't, though.
2 Bad Things About this Film
- Ed Harris was frustrating due to him looking like he needed to eat more. This made him less scary because I wondered why he looked like he was about to waste away before my very eyes. Powerful voice, though. That can't be denied.
- The story wasn't as strongly awesome as the trailer itself and that's the problem. When the trailer is awesome and the film isn't, I hate the film more than I should have.
I wouldn't suggest this film for anyone to see. It's not worth wasting that exuberant price to sit through. You should rent it. Enjoy it then. Yap. Red Box it or Netflix it. That's it. Later.