In Theaters: January 27, 2012
MPAA Rating: R (for violence/disturbing content including bloody images, and for pervasive language)
Genres: Action/Adventure, Thriller
Run Time: 1 hour 57 minutes
Director: Joe Carnahan
JJ Rating: B
A plane goes down with workers and lots of them die, few live. Those that live try to survive against the elements, but especially against the wolves. The wolves that start picking them off like mean little serial killers. The Grey.
5 Good Things About this Film
- Fantastic cinematography. Loved the views.
- Great acting by all the cast. Some got on my nerves, some made me tear up and some made me laugh. They did a great job.
- Liam Nesson is an actor that brings me moviegoer tingling. See him in a trailer and I want to see that film. He hasn't disappointed...yet.
- Because of the coldness in the theater the coldness in the film worked that much more.
- There were several action scenes with the wolves as well with the elements and I thought it was good.
3 Bad Things About this Film
- The length of the film dragged. I grew a bit tired.
- Some of the themes in the film are weak. I wish they were stronger and more philosophical than as they were presented. They were presented in a watered down fashion.
- Liam Nesson almost did disappoint. But almost isn't good enough...yet.
I wouldn't see it again and I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend this film to many people. It isn't even one of those films worth seeing once. It's just all right. Don't put forth effort to see it.