Running Time: 1 hr. 41 min.
Release Date: December 21st, 2011 (wide)
MPAA Rating: PG for for adventure action violence, some drunkenness and brief smoking.
Distributors: Paramount Pictures
Director: Steven Spielberg
JJ Rating: B+
Tintin (voiced by Jamie Bell) is out to find ships that were owned by Captain Haddock's (voiced by Andy Serkis) family. The Adventures of Tintin.
8 Good Things About This Film
- I was in awe of how incredible the animation looked. How seamless it moved. The water. The fire. The everything. It looked great.
- The story moved nicely.
- Jamie Bell and Andy Serkis did a very good job using their voices, which is not as easy as just talking. You have to have the right tone, inflection, and whatever. It sounded good. I enjoyed their voice acting.
- Great action scenes. Chasing the bird with the clue in its talon was fun. I know it wasn't just any “bird” but specifics isn't what I'm going for here. The breaking up the motorcycle was thrilling.
- There were a lot of funny moments. Thompson (voiced by Simon Pegg) and Thompson (voiced by Nick Frost) had their fair share. The fire in the boat scene that's shown on the very good trailer. The beginning of the entire film made me laugh. And I don't even recall ever reading any of Tintin's comics, and still that scene made me laugh. I was one of the only ones laughing. Americans.
- It was warm and fun and I had a good time seeing it, even though I saw in 3D. It was worth it. It's not like it's necessary to see it in 3D, but I had fun.
- Steven Spielberg did a good job. He knows what he's doing. I know that I will not be so bored in a Spielberg film that I'll want to leave. He, for me, is a safe bet. I like that he's consistent in that respect.
- This movie did things that would cost an arm and a leg to film if it were not for this kind of animation. I think that they put into this film a lot of neat stuff for that reason. And one of those things was the motorcycle falling apart. That was just awesome. I know it's next to impossible to happen, but that's what makes films fun. Making the impossible seem possible.
1 Bad Thing About This Film
- The only bad thing I can think of was that the story had some low moments that dragged and there were too many of them. The story wasn't strong enough to hold the entire film together. I think that if it were not for the characters, the movie would have failed. I mean that the story was too simple for the length it took to tell.
The Adventures of Tintin is a good family film. You wanna take your family to see a fun film that's cleaner than most? This will work.
It's nominated for a Golden Globe for best Animated film. If Cars 2 doesn't win, I'd rather this one win. It's animation is just wow good. But story wise Cars 2 has them beat.