Genres: Comedy, Holiday and Sequel
Release Date: November 4th, 2011 (wide)
MPAA Rating: R for strong crude and sexual content, graphic nudity, pervasive language, drug use and some violence.
Distributors: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Todd Strauss-Schulson
JJ Rating: C-
Harold (John Cho) and Kumar (Kal Penn) haven't spent time together in forever. Harold has a family. Kumar has his pot. They are brought together by a box that is delievered to Kumar's apartment. He takes it to Harold and so the story starts...cause Harold needs a tree after Kumar accidentally ruins it. A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas.
4 Good Things about This Film
- The way they used the 3D.
- Mildly amusing scenes...sometimes. I'm trying to say something good.
- I liked the beer pong part, though at the end it was very, very campy and not in a good way.
- I like the actors. How can you not like Neil Patrick Harris? Oh and even that bot.
4 Bad Things about This Film
- Boring storyline.
- Boring jokes.
- Overdone jokes. Seriously, how funny is the drugged up kid after it's been done in previous films? There's nothing new here. Give me something different. The gay to get the girls, well...that's decent, but not good enough, either.
- The way Santa comes into play. It's as if tired and crappy was how they wanted to writing to be seen.
A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas had potential. I liked the other two enough to bother with this one. But if they make another (and it feels like they are) I might just skip it, cause I don't have time to deal with trite, stupid films. /end.