Genres: Drama and Biopic
Running Time: 2 hr. 17 min.
Release Date: November 9th, 2011 (limited)
MPAA Rating:R for brief strong language.
Distributors: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Clint Eastwood
JJ Rating: B
A movie about J. Edgar Hoover (Leonardo DiCaprio) and how he created the F.B.I. From absolutely nothing but his ambition to be remembered. Great, terrible and the alright life of J. Edgar. J. Edgar.
5 Good Things about this Film
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Arnie Hammer did a fantastic job apart, as well as together as a pair. Hammer amazed, again. First in Social Network, and now in J. Edgar. He's another to watch for.
- The movie has beautiful moments and stunning costumes. Great time piece, visually.
- Interesting story. I learned a few things I didn't really know.
- Funny how people treat fingerprinting back then. And these were probably the “logical” ones of the time. It's always amusing what the “logical” ones have to say.
- The subtlety of his sexuality was handled well.
3 Bad Things about this Film
- It was a bit long, I started to get bored before it was over. Never good.
- The lines were not great. I couldn't recall a single line and that's, also, never good.
- The score was forgettable.
For the history buffs this is a good film and worth seeing. I'm glad I saw it, but I'll never watch it again.