Running Time: 1 hr. 45 min.
Release Date: November 18th, 2011 (wide)
MPAA Rating: PG for for some rude humor and mild peril.
Distributors: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: George Miller
JJ Rating: B-
Mumble (Elijah Wood) has a child Erik (Ava Acres) that can't do the moves. He wonders off with friends and Ramon (Robin Williams) to find other penguins and meets The Mighty Sven (Hank Azaria). Erick loves Sven's positive talk. Erik sees Sven fly and he wants to do it, he wants to fly. And it goes on from there...Happy Feet 2.
6 Good Things About This Film
- I got to see it in 3D for free. The movie theater made a mistake with the reels or something and came in and gave everyone free glasses. It was pretty cool, cause I go to hear kids (that most likely never got to see 3D before) say oooh. And the film had some good 3D moments, especially the credits. I almost stuck around the entire time just to watch the bubbles pop off the screen.
- The animation is pretty awesome. I liked watching the krill swim and light up.
- Some of the songs were cool.
- The dancing penguins were great.
- I liked how they grouped together to save another group of penguins.
- Brad Pitt was fantastic. The things he says are things he's never said in any film, which makes it great. Elijah Wood, Robin Williams, Matt Damon, Hank Azaria and Pink all did very good.
5 Bad Things About This Film
- The disturbing need to make it environmental propaganda, again. It's annoying. Why can't the animals just exist without having to bring anything about humans in it at all? Sigh.
- Erik sings a song at the end that's so boring I wanted to fall asleep. I hated it.
- They could have picked way better songs than they picked.
- I didn't like the undertone of the krill. Couldn't they just be krill. I'm not going to get into what it felt like they were doing. And I'm pretty sure they were doing that considering Happy Feet and Happy Feet 2 are as subtle as an elephant in a “Don't touch anything” store.
- Boring story. It didn't have enough fun in it to make it good and the back and forth between the krill and the penguins didn't work out as well as it could have.
Happy Feet 2 didn't make me happy, but it entertained for a moment here and there. Eh, if you like the first you might like the second. I didn't particularly like either that much.