James Bond got his ass handed to him by a silly, animated penguin again, a couple of films show that a movie can be geared for single digit I.Q's but give it a Christmas theme and you'll make the top 10, and my pick for number one didnt get very far. Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny - made $3.275 million and landed in 11th place.
Here is the run-down for Thanskgiving weekend. Link goes to rottentomatoes.com.
1. Happy Feet $37.94 Million
2. Casnino Royale $31 Million, down 24% from last week
3. Deja Vu - $30.8 M
4. Deck the Halls - $12. M - despite being a truly terrible movie (currently running at 9% fresh at RT), it still managed to make it in the top five, showing that American moviewatchers are really just stupid, brainless consumers desperate to watch anything remotely related to this mythical contrived holiday. (yeah, Humbug to you too)
5. Borat: Cultural Learnings of America... ah fuck it, just call it "Borat". $10.4M, down 29%
6. The Santa Clause 3: the Escape Clause $10.016 M - Holy shit, this movie actually went up in the ratings by 24%. People: You realize it has Tim Allen and Martin Short in it, right? Are you people totally insane? Oh yeah, thats right: you are.